The court must find that it is in the child’s best interests for parental rights to be terminated. Voluntary termination can occur when the parent agrees to terminate their rights in writing and signs a notarized affidavit stating this intent, or the parent voluntarily surrenders their child to an agency or person the state has licensed to provide adoption services. Many things must be done correctly for the court to accept your affidavit or surrender. We can help guide you through this process and ensure that you are protecting your parental rights.